Today we’re here to Celebrate National Punch Day (September 20th) with this delicious drink – the Duchess of Earl Grey! While it’s unclear whether this day is for fighting or for lovingly putting together a punch bowl for your friends, but we’re going to go with the latter. Check out this recipe from our pals over at Baltimore Spirits Co. for a delicious punch sure to make your next gathering refreshing. It was originally posted for Spring gatherings, but we’re hanging on to the last few nice weather days. Sue us.
According to Baltimore Sprits Co., The Duchess of Earl Grey is particularly useful as a welcome cocktail because it is batched. Your guests can arrive at their leisure, settle in, and say their hellos while helping themselves to their first drink.
Check out the original posting here.
Duchess of Early Grey
- 25oz (1 bottle) Shot Tower Gin
- 25oz Earl Grey Tea (fresh brewed)
- 6.5 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 8 limes
- Fresh nutmeg grated for garnish
Duchess of Earl Grey
- First, peel the 8 limes, trying hard as you can to just get the peel, and not the white pith.
- Put the peels of the lime in a bowl with all the sugar and mash the peels into the sugar for about 5 minutes. Let the peels sit bruised in the sugar for at least 30 minutes and preferably an hour.
- Pour all the sugar with the peels into a container with all the other ingredients and mix together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Strain the mixture to remove the peels.
- Serve from a punch bowl over ice and grate fresh nutmeg on top.