Government regulation and interference had long term effects on American spirits, disrupting distilling practices throughout the mid-Atlantic. To this day, much of modern-day distilling is influenced by The Whiskey Rebellion and by the Prohibition that followed. The thing that remains? A commitment to delicious liquors distilled in the spirit of rebellion. Try a taster at the four distilleries in this pass, located in the up-and-coming neighborhood of Ivy City, and raise a glass to the history that is alive and well in modern-day DC.
- Cotton and Reed – Tasting Flight Voucher
- New Columbia Distillers – Cocktail Voucher
- One Eight Distilling – Distillery Tour and Tasting
- Republic Restoratives – Distillery Tour with Tasting OR Cocktail Voucher + 10% Off Bottled Spirits and Merchandise
Included Cultural Institutions
- Peirce Mill
- Smithsonian National Museum of American History – Admission is Always Free