There’s no doubt people like their chocolate with their liqueur. Whiskey fudge combines the two delicacies to create a sweet and assertive treat that you can even make yourself! Check out this recipe inspired by the Trail’s Golden Eagle Inn and pastry chef, Suzy Ramsey.
The golden rule to creating fudge is to start with sweetened condensed milk. The basic ratio is 14 oz sweetened condensed milk to 3 cups of chocolate chips. But when you start throwing in other liquids (like whiskey) or other things (like Nutella) you have to tweak things a little bit.
Here’s what you will need to get started:
- 3 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 8 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of your whiskey of choice
Shop recommended whiskeys for this recipe:
- Line an 8 by 8 inch baking dish with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl melt the chocolate chips in the microwave according to package instructions.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk, the vanilla extract, and the whiskey.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and let set completely (about four to eight hours). Refrigerate for 1 hour before slicing. This last step of refrigeration is optional, but makes the fudge slice nicely.
- Enjoy and store in an airtight container for two weeks.
Whether you throw on your favorite show and binge the whole pan by yourself or entertain your friends with this treat, we won’t judge how you enjoy your fudge. And don’t forget that you can save on restocking your liqueur stash when you purchase one of our passes along the Trail.