By now you’ve probably managed to get your hands on at least one pumpkin themed beverage. If you’re anything like us, you are already several deep into the season, and it’s not even October yet! If you find over the next several weeks that the excitement starts to dim and novelty fades for all things pumpkin, we’re here to help you spice things up – no pun intended.
And if the caffeine wasn’t providing kick enough, we recommend taking things one step further and spiking your pumpkin spice latte – or any pumpkin themed beverage for that matter. Get started right away with this spiked PSL recipe, featuring our favorite whiskeys and spirits along the Trail.
Here’s what you will need to get started:
- 1 cup of Milk
- 3 T. canned pumpkin
- 3 T. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/4 t. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 2 oz. of your spirit of choice
- Add a splash of Liberty Pole Spirits Bourbon Cream to sweeten the kick
Shop recommended spiritss for this recipe:
- Combine milk, pumpkin, and sugar in a medium saucepan and heat. Once hot, strain the mixture and set the liquid aside.
- In your glass or mug, add 2 oz. of your preferred whiskey or spirit to the coffee/espresso.
- Add pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and bourbon cream (optional) to the milk mixture you set aside and pour over the coffee/espresso.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon
If you try this recipe, be sure to let us know by tagging us on social media, at The Whiskey Rebellion Trail. And don’t forget that you can save on restocking your liqueur stash when you purchase one of our passes along the Trail.